Thursday, May 27, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
- Basic Tee: You can find these relatively inexpensive and in any variety of colors that compliment you best (scoop neck, vneck, boatneck, etc.) - Skinny Jeans: If skinny jeans aren’t your cup of tea, try wearing boyfriend jeans. They are super comfortable and very svelte! - Shorts: Yes! Shorts!! Don’t get me wrong, I’m not talking about daisy dukes here! Some things need to be left to the 14 year olds! I’m talking, trendy, casual, yet sexy shorts that are at an appropriate length! Grab a pair on your next shopping trip. The picture of Kourtney Kardashian is a great example of how they should be flaunted! - Ballet Flats: You can find these anywhere right now! I would suggest getting something simple and in a basic black. - Accessorize: Adding a light weight scarf is a wonderful way to camouflage any tummy insecurities you may have. You can also add stylish Sunglasses; when you’re having a rough day with lack of sleep, adding shades to your outfit is a great way to hide your look of exhaustion! Lastly, you can always don a denim jacket of some sort; it adds versatility to your outfit! It’s always good to keep this on hand in your backseat; you never know when you need to throw one on for a chilly store!
Date Night: When you are blessed with an evening alone with your honey, you want to make sure you look your best! Let’s get this straight, not only for him but for yourself too! You deserve a night out and to get dolled up, you will feel like your old self before you know it! Here’s how to start looking fabulous.
- Dress: Try going with a floral print, it’s the go to print this summer and will leave you feeling romantically in love with your man….AND your new style! - Outerwear: If you find yourself a new dress that feels like it shows a little too much skin, you can always rely on a cardigan to sweeten up the look. Also, adding a sleek blazer adds a sophisticated touch too! - High Heels: I know most moms have let your high heels collect spider webs by now, but it’s time to dust them off and put them on for an evening! High heels are your go-to item if you want to instantly feel confident and attractive! - Accessorize: Adding sweet pearls or even a nice bangle bracelet to your dress will make you feel put together without any effort!
Workin’ 9-to-5: This is for all my working moms! On top of being a homemaker, you have to report to a job everyday outside your call of duty at home! Who says you can’t look stylish and professional at the same time? I say you can, and here’s how…- Slacks: Ladies, this is important! You will want to take the time to try on different styles and brands of slacks. I don’t think you have to buy the most expensive pair, but I do think splurging a little is a must. I have owned less expensive pairs of slacks that did me NO justice! Taking the time to find a nice, well tailored pair of work slacks will make you look pounds thinner! - Blazer: This is totally optional, but well tailored blazers give your silhouette a slimming shape, and could hide any insecurity you may have. - Blouse: Wearing a nice shell top is always grand, but you have a great opportunity to mix it up here if you want. You can wear a bright colored top, sleeveless or not, with the right accessorizes you will look sophisticated and fabulous in no time! You can also wear a crazy print/pattern and throw your cardigan or blazer over it to tone it down a notch for the office. Get out of your blasé box and live a little! - Flats/Heels: Here is where you can wear what is best for you! Depending if you are sitting all day long, or if you have to run marathons at work, you may want to choose the ladder of the two. Retailers are now selling low heel pumps that are super stylish and very practical! A few of my favorite places to find trendy yet affordable pieces are Macy’s, TJ Maxx, Kohl’s, and NY & Co. I hope you enjoyed this post! Please do NOT hesitate to give feedback on upcoming topics you would like to learn more about! Stay Stylish Ladies!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
White button down with classic black skirt - this could mean a black pencil skirt, a full black circle skirt, or a long flowing black skirt.
Now you can always do a white-button down shirt with jean capris which is one of my favs. It is kind of like modern day Gap meets Audrey Hepburn. Dress it up with a pearl necklace and nude ballet flats or dress it down with some brown leather sandals, maybe even gladiators which are appropriate for all age groups:
I hope this will give our Celebrated Women of the Lipstick a little push in the right direction to start their wardrobe building!
Friday, May 21, 2010
Go and support our local fashion-starved friends and see their new and improved diva-licious looks!!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
So the show started out with Kelly Osbourne (YEP! Ozzy Osbourne's daughter) opening for the show in an army-inspired blazer with red hot leggings. I am not sure what the deal is with the bandanas on everyones' faces, but I am guessing it has something to do with the fact that most of the models were carrying toy guns throughout the show. There was also a shout out to the late Alexander McQueen with a sign carried by one of the models. It is well worth watching the runway show! If any of you have ITUNES, you can go to the podcasts section of ITUNES and click on Fashion TV where you can directly download the Betsey Johnson Fall/Winter 2010 runway show. It is about 8:30 long, but well worth the watch! Whoever thought Kelly Osbourne was going to be a runway model!
Thursday, May 6, 2010
The Gucci Belt Bag has been around for a few years now, and I know you are thinking why in the world would I buy a fanny-pack? Didn't those go out in the early 90s? Well they did, but the Gucci Belt Bag is an amazing alternative to the purses the cross body purse. You know the purse you carry when you are going to be on the run and you don't want to carry your huge, clunky, tote?? Now if you need one more stamp of approval before you are convinced, then I have it for you. Sarah Jessica Parker (My favorite actress ever!) wore it throughout most of Season 4 of Sex and The City. I looked for the belt bag while I was as the Houston Galleria this past weekend, and it retails for $465 and it is 9 in W and 5 in H. There are a few other sites that sell it for a discounted price, but I am always skeptical of sites that put designers on sale just because if you are going to splurge for the new designer handbag, you better dang sure know it is authentic!!
Here is the link to the Gucci Online Store:
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
- Take a Fashion Survey
- Each month stylists will pick 5 shoes for you
- You choose which pair you want
- Membership is only $39.95 / pair
Monday, May 3, 2010
“I like my money right where I can see it... hanging in my closet.” - Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and The City
So, go ahead and spring for this one to add to The One Hundred by Nina Garcia. These books will not disappoint!
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Vogue magazine is like the bible for all fashionistas and style junkies alike. The biggest issue this magazine has is their September issue. They plan all year for the September issue release. So Vogue magazine decided to make a documentary of how the issue is put together and all of the work that goes into it. It is such an interesting movie and you can even get a closer look at the editor in chief Anna Wintour! You can see what it's like to run a fashion empire! (How do you get that job??!!) So check it out, you will not waste your time, I promise.