Costume Drama: A Break From All Things OutfitEdited by: Holier than Now
It's the Halloween season, when some of us choose to experience the thrill (or horror) of looking nothing like ourselves for a night. For those of you who blog or socially post your outfits, perhaps it's a chance to take a break from the judgmental eye of the spotlight (consider Love Brown Sugar and One More's pieces on the subject) - one night where you turn in "looking good" for looking scary, time period-accurate, or just ... a little sexier than usual. Inspired? Find last minute costume inspiration from Tickle Me Chic and more.
And for those of us who don't celebrate the witching hour, there's still a chance to step away from the closet and remind ourselves that great lingerie, shoes, bags, and jewels can make even a white tee and jeans look scary good.
Links à la Mode: October 28th
- A La Modest:7 Common Reactions to Style
- Best of Bklyn: In Favor of Knickknacks - How to Personalize Your House Into A Home
- Boheme Noir: The definitive IN/OUT list for Fall 2010 bags
- Closet Confections: Fashion Bloggers Take On Product Placement:A Video Response
- Cute and Little One: Product placement and blogger responsibility: a blogger's role in influencing product advertising.
- Daisy Dayz: Inspiring locally-designed headwear
- Fashion Cents: 3 Tips to Consider for Open-Toe Boots/Shoes for Fall
- Fête à Fête: YSL's new Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks
- Holier than Now: 11 Great Jewelry Sites You Might Not Know About
- Hunting and Gathering: Why Classic Jewelry Never Goes out of Style
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Want to be a professional blogger?
- Interrobangs Anonymous: On going grey in your twenties
- Love Brown Sugar: Why Don't You Love Me? A curvy girl's ode to outfit posting on fashion communities
- Miss Viki: AND_i captivating jewelry show coverage, with video
- OK, Bowtie: Underneath: why everyone needs pretty underwear
- One More: Does a bloggers dress size affect readership and is the blogging community becoming divided over it?
- Ruby-Eyed Okapi: A Modest Approach to Halloween Costumes
- Style Every Day: How to change that horrible mess of jewelry on your dresser to supreme organization
- The Lingerie Addict: How to Buy Vintage Lingerie for the Perfect Pin-up Figure
- Tickle Me Chic: Fashion-inspired Halloween Costumes
- Vogue Mornings: Ten Tips for Achieving Work/Life Balance
Shopbop bags: Clutches, Hobos, Satchels, Totes, Black handbags, Shoulder bags, Women's Wallets