Saturday, October 16, 2010

Elaine Turner/David Peck Champagne Reception

A champagne reception was held on Wednesday at the Elaine Turner Flagship store in the Rice Village area.  I was so excited to get to attend the event before we headed off to claim our spot amongst the press at the fashion show.  I was so delighted to see David Peck at the event.  We actually got the chance to talk with him for a few minutes about his designs as well as how he was adjusting to the hot temperatures of Houston.  Peck moved to Houston from New York City this past January and while he made it clear he was adjusting to the heat, he could not be happier about all of the opportunities that have become so abundantly available.  He was happy to tell us about CrOp (standing for Creative Opportunities) and how the prints on his pieces were actually photographs by Jamie Collier whom he has currently been collaborating with on his Spring collection.  The photographs were actually taken of aid work being done in Uganda and the photos used in the clothing were carefully picked by both David and Jamie.  I think they made for some marvelous fabrics for these incredible dresses.

(All Photography by Shan Renee)


BCBG Dress, H&M belt, Steve Madden shoes, Target scarf, vintage clutch


Me and David Peck

After grabbing a quick cup (they ran out of glasses, but I just loved this cup!) of champagne, Shan and I milled around the store oohhhing and awwwwing over pretty much every single thing there.  I wanted to get my actual hands on the David Peck dresses that I drooled over the night before and they were even better up close!



These are the scarves that are also part of the CrOp collection using the prints from Jamie Collier.



The handbags were to die for and I found at least 3 pairs of ballet flats that were screaming my name.  I am planning on taking my mom down to the store later this week to see what we can find for her!


I really want this bracelet!!


 My cousin and I were both in love with this sequin, leopard print clutch!

27 comments:

Pammy said...

You look stunning on that dress. :)

That blue dress and bracelet both look gorgeous!

Beth said...

That dress paired with the brown belt is so lovely! You're so lucky to be able to attend these events and chat with the artists behind the work. That black handbag third photo down is gorgeous.

socialitedreams said...

your hair looks thick and amazing! i really want that bracelet as well, simply GORGEOUS....those flats are too cute...great pics :D

Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/

Anna said...

Love your outfit hunny with the scarf worn how it is. Adore those Steve Madden shoes too!

Fab pics, thanks for sharing, love those printed scarves!
xxx

http://www.theothersideofthepondmydear.blogspot.com

Anna said...

Love your outfit hunny with the scarf worn how it is. Adore those Steve Madden shoes too!

Fab pics, thanks for sharing, love those printed scarves!
xxx

http://www.theothersideofthepondmydear.blogspot.com

Luna Tiger said...

Nice place for shopping !
http://selenite.weebly.com/

minnja said...

Thanks for sharing! I love it!

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

Kisses
minnja

Collette Osuna said...

SOOOO much eye candy!! Love the bracelet too......and you? GORGEOUS!!!


Stop by and say Hello ♥
Statements in Fashion Blog

Anonymous said...

I can't believed i missed it! Next time wee need to go together! as usual the pictures are AMAZING!!!!

<3 M

Kat said...

i love the way you're wearing your scarf!!

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

Jenna said...

Ohgosh looks like you had such fun! And you look soooo cute. Love your LBD with draped scarf. Totally perfect look :)

XO,
Jenna

Daiana said...

i must say, my fav is your outfit! how chic is that scarf on your shoulder? super cool!

xoxo http://www.sweetfancytreat.com

Unknown said...

your blog is great too...
uuuhm. I've been practising photography about two years now!! not a long time actually. but I still love it!


Vicky
(new post: now playing on my iTunes library...
& follow me)

Jen said...

The scarf, the cluth, the belt... dear, the accessories are PERFECT!! What would we do without them? ;-)

Oh, and sweetie, have you input your city information in at LOCATION CENTRAL yet?
www.locationcentral.blogspot.com

Catita said...

OMG! That bracelet you posted is sick! I wanted too and you look great by the way! Regarding the leather leggings its actually faux look a like shiny leather leggings from Zara. They were on my last Must have post from Zara!
xoxo

Meagan said...

I see so many things that I want! I love that leopard print clutch! Not to mention, your dress! Love the pockets and what you did with the scarf! Looking forward to seeing more of your outfits!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

oooo your shoes r lush i love them and i want a pair of flats like the ones in the bottom photo they r to die for at 5ft11 its so hard to find shoes that dont turn me into a giantxx

Jodi said...

Cute outfit.. I love the idea of wearing the scarf like that.. this goes in my NOTE TO SELF file :)

great pics and as always, you look da gorgeous!
xo j

Fashion Twins (Erica & Nandi) said...

Great photography ! I lovee your outfit & I agree with your and your cousin, that sequin, leopard print clutch is amazing !

- Nandi,
http://karmafashion.tumblr.com

julianne. said...

you look so gorgeous.
love your outfit doll.<3

would love ya if you check out my blog.
kisses from lace & leather.<3

20 YORK STREET said...

I would love to have one of those bracelets too, its gorgeous! and can I say, you look sooo stylin'!


besos,

Win a Yola Couture Designer Dress at:

20 YORK STREET

Dee O. said...

You look beautiful!!! I absolutely love your dress & shoes! :)

That GOOD GOOD Blog

Anonymous said...

I love how you wore the scarf off to the side : ).

Jessie said...

I agree, that bracelet is gorgeous! x

Veshoevius said...

I love that bracelet with the blue stone. Lovely scarves too. Love the way you've styled that BCBG LBD and made it wearable for day!

Unknown said...

You look beautiful in the dress, I love your clogs too!

www.arashmazinani.com

Kim said...

That bracelet looks really pretty!

brunetteblogging.com