Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Smoke Out

HERE ARE THE TOOLS THAT I USE:


















ON YOUR WAY TO THE SMOKIES:

1. After priming (always prime!!) with Urban Decay Eye Potion in Sin, cover lid and crease with a shimmery silver color - I like MAC Electra.














2. Take a brush and dip into a dark charcoal gray like Urban Decay Zero (tap brush to get off excess powder), and run back in forth from inner crease to outer crease.  I give it about 3-4 coats of shadow depending on how dramatic you are wanting to go.









3. Always highlight with a shimmery white or bone color shadow (I always use Urban Decay Sellout). I dip my pinky finger into my shadow and put it in the inner corners of my eyes and right below my brow bone.

4. Line inner rims (yes top and bottom, trust me) with BLACK charcoal eyeliner.  I use Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Stingray.















5.  Go over charcoal liner on top with a black liquid liner to keep liner in place all day and night (My fav is Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner in Black). This is also where you can flick your liquid liner out and up from your outer corner to get your cat-eye effect.  I don't advise this for you newbies because it can get very dramatic looking!

6. Finish with 3, yes 3! coats of black volumizing mascara (I like good old Loreal Voluminous Original in Blackest Black).

7. You are ready to hit the town ladies! Oh yeah, and don't forget your lipstick of course (I recommend a soft neutral shade such as Mac Myth since we want to let the eyes do the talking)!

No comments: