Monday, February 28, 2011

Guest Post Robbie - Seventies Are Here Again

Many of you will remember when the lovely lady of this blog posted an outfit entitled 'Boho is my new love', expressing her adoration for anything seventies related. Well, after her enthusiastic approach to the trend, I wanted to spread a little more seventies love...
As I'm sure you will know, the seventies theme is set to be one of the most substantial trends of the season, with Marc Jacobs, Sonia Rykiel and Anna Sui all attaching elements of their S/S '11 collections to a piece or icon of the decade. Whilst there are many ways to incorporate the trend, these are just a few of the fundamental pieces: wide brimmed hats, wide legged trousers, oversized sunnies, vivid colour, maxi skirts and dresses. In order to capture the essence of the look it's great to study images of female muses from the very decade; Jerry Hall, Tina Chow and Linda McCartney to name just a few. When aiming for this look, take on a heady, hedonistic approach to life and dressing. Have fun. Make a loud statement. But most importantly feel fantastic in what you're wearing, after all this decade was all about the self-assured female figure.
If you liked this post, be sure to check out Robbie's blog, theothersideofthepondmydear.

12 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

I LOVE LOVE the 70's look....rad!, lol:)

Unknown said...

Hey Angela, how's work treating you?
I am so loving the 70s revival...I am on the hunt for a floral print maxi dress.

xoxo
Sheryl

www.walkinwonderland.com

Ninjagaiden78 said...

70's fashion is the bomb!
I love those big hats.

windowshopz.com

Meagan said...

Gorgeous photos! I definitely love anything '70s inspired and am excited to keep wearing this 'trend' for a long time to come!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

classiq said...

I'm gradually stepping into the 70s trend: a bold color, a maxi skirt and I really have to get one of those gorgeous wide brimmed hats.
Ada

Shybiker said...

Yes, the Seventies were about attitude! With brash, confident attitude, we can rock these looks. Nice post!

Jill said...

I love some of the looks from the seventies. I am definitely into all the cork wedge heels I'm seeing advertised for spring/summer. So hot! Angela my dear I miss you! How are you doing?

Jodi said...

I love the 70s tooo. highwaisted pants come on down!!! xoxo j hope you are well sister.. love ya

Luna Tiger said...

Love that hippy stuff !
http://selenite.weebly.com/

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

I adore the 70s and am so pleased they are back in. I'm looking forward to a new summer of love. This is a great summary of how to channel the look.

Diana said...

ah! i had no idea i was in this!! ;) i am so excited the 70s are backkkk -- great guest post xo

http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

Fé... said...

Well I have nothing to complain about that. The 70s is surely a glorious fashion era!