I would have to say the most commented on piece of clothing that I own is my tutu skirt from American Apparel!! And I understand why because it is quite fabulous I must say! That is exactly why I decided that I would do my Five for Friday post this week on different ways to style this marvelous skirt. So here we are.
1. A no nonsense way to style this fluffy skirt is with a simple tee. I picked this one up from Forever 21 and I wear it at least once a week! I am a huge tee fan so this look was easy for me.
(F21 tee and headband, AA tutu, Nine West shoes)
2. I am a huge black and white stripe fan. I feel like you can pair it with prints and almost any color under the sun. I liked how it looked with the skirt and a classic black cardi. I topped it off with a black floppy hat for that girly appeal.
(H&M shirt, J.Crew cardi, AA tutu, Nine West shoes, F21 floppy hat)
3. Mixing rocker pieces with feminine pieces is not a new trend, but it definitely works! I like the edge of my moto jacket and combat boots mixed with the femininity of the tutu.
(VS jacket, AA tutu, Steve Madden boots)
4. The ever classic white button down! I learned of pairing this with a tutu in the book That Extra Half and Inch by Victoria Beckham. This is the way I wore my tutu when I took it out for its first outing!
(Express blouse, AA tutu, vintage heels, F21 headband)
5. Another Free People top! Must I explain why this is fabulous?? A lace top and a tutu. Enough said!
(Free People top, Express tank, AA tutu, Aldo shoes)
Would you ever wear a tutu? If so, how would you style it!!???