As requested by my lovely friend and follower Brett at Silvergirl, here are the 5 essential makeup brushes that I absolutely CANNOT live without! I use these 5 brushes on an almost daily basis.
1. Blending Brush - Every makeup lover needs a good, dependable blending brush whether you wear intense eye makeup looks or natural ones. A blender is a must have! My personal favorite is the MAC #222.($29)
2. Foundation Brush - my top pick is my MAC #190. It is a little on the pricey side ($32 to be exact), but I have had this brush for about a year now and it is still in great shape! Just remember to wash your foundation brush (and all your makeup brushes) on a weekly basis. I use baby shampoo because it is gentle yet still effective in getting all the makeup and bacteria out.
3. Small flathead brush - I use this brush every single day whether I am doing an intense eye look or a quick one shadow natural look. ( I don't do the latter very often, but every now and then) The particular flathead brush that I have is from Sonia Kashuk as well.
4. Angle eyeliner brush - this type of brush is essential in getting all kinds of different eye looks. You can use it get a thin line or to smudge out your eyeliner for a smokier effect. My favorite pick is the MAC #266. ($19)
5. Medium-sized blush brush - I love my Sonia Kashuk blush brush that I bought from Target a few months back. Not only is it a fabulous blush brush, it is price friendly!($10.99)
Since this is Makeup Monday, I will be posting a tutorial later today!! It will be a 50's retro glam look that is perfect for a holiday party look! Since I have been so inspired by the Mad Men series lately, I have decided to call this look "The Betty."
Here is the look we will do today so stay tuned and check back!! Love you all!